What Information Do We Collect?
Information You Provide Us
We collect and store the personally identifiable information you provide to us, such as your name, mailing address, email address, telephone number, credit card information, purchase history, people to whom purchases have been shipped, including their address and phone number and other information when you purchase products, create an account with us, communicate with customer service, fill out a survey, provide and rate product reviews, enter contests, register your brewer, participate in promotions, participate in an online forum or community, send us an email, submit a photo or video or otherwise interact with our Site. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of many of our features.
We also collect information through automated means about your utilization and navigation of our Site. The information helps us design our Site to better suit your needs. Examples of this type of information include your Internet Protocol (IP) address used to access the Site, login, e-mail address, password, computer and connection information such as browser type, version and time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, purchase history, the Uniform Resource Locator (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Site, products you viewed or searched for and the amount of time you spent on our Site or various pages on our Site.
Information from Mobile Devices
If you download or use a GMCR app, or visit our mobile site, in addition to the information described above, we may also receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. You may turn off location-based services through your device.
Information From Other Sources
What About Cookies and Other Similar Technologies?
We and third party processors acting on our behalf use various internet technologies, such as cookies, web beacons, pixels, etc., to help us manage the Site and track your behavior across the Site so we can tailor information and advertisements to make your experience more enjoyable.
What Do We Do With the Information We Collect?
- We use the information we collect for various purposes, including to fulfill your orders, to respond to your requests and communicate with you, to customize future shopping for you, to manage our Site, to perform marketing analysis, to send you email communications, catalog mailings, and for other lawful purposes.
- From time to time, we may also contact you by email, phone, mobile SMS or mail for such purposes as to inform you of new products, services and special offers, administer a survey, or to follow up on previous interactions, unless you have opted out of receiving advertising communications from us.
- If you download or use a GMCR app, or visit our mobile site, we may use your information to provide you location based services, such as advertising, search results and other personalized content.
- We also share your information with third parties for advertising purposes by other like-minded companies who provide products and services we believe might be of interest to you.
- In addition, we may share any demographic, location data, IP address or aggregated data or other information with advertisers and other third parties for marketing or promotional purposes.
- The information we collect from cookies and other similar technologies may be linked to other information about you. We use this information, alone or in combination, to provide and administer our Site, understand user behavior, recognize repeat visitors, target, control and measure the effectiveness of advertisements, track and analyze user behavior, facilitate your access to and use of our Site, help diagnose problems with the Site, and help determine the effectiveness of advertising campaigns on our Site.
- We may also disclose your information to third parties if we believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with law, regulation, legal process or government request; enforce the terms of any of our notices; or protect the rights, property or safety of GMCR, our associates, or our customers. This may include assistance in fraud protection and investigation. In addition, we may share or transfer your information in connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as a merger, consolidation, asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
|If you do not wish to receive communications from us or third parties, please follow the opt-out instructions provided in such communications, or via your account settings if available. Alternatively, you can contact us at 866-901-2739 (BREW) and speak directly with a Customer Care representative who can answer any questions you may have and update your account accordingly.
Links and Third-Party Content
Our Site may contain links to other websites, which are not under our control. We provide these links as a customer convenience and to allow advertisers to promote their own sites or products, and do not endorse those sites, companies or their products or services. Also, when you link to our Site from another site, the originating site may collect information about you. We do not review, control or monitor the practices, information or materials on any other websites, and are not responsible or liable for the communications, practices, information, content or materials from any of those sites. You are responsible for understanding and adhering to any other website's terms and conditions.
Our Sites employ reasonable security measures which are designed to prevent the loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction of personal information.
We do not knowingly collect information about children under 13 and do not sell products for purchase by children under 13, though we do sell products for adults to purchase for children. If you are under 18, get your parent's consent before using a Site.
Last Updated November 2013