The Keurig® Rivo® System is named after the Italian word for revolutionary. The simplicity of Keurig technology enables you to brew espresso and froth any type of fresh milk at the touch of a button at home. Add Lavazza espresso — with over a century of roasting experience — and you have the perfect cappuccinos, lattes and more. Simple. Quick. Easy. That’s revolutionary! Includes a bonus 12 count Rivo® variety box.Key Features:
- Brews Authentic Italian Espresso in Under a Minute Using Freshly-Sealed Pods
- Two Espresso Sizes – Short (1.4-oz.) or Lungo (2.8-oz.)
- Three Frothing Modes: Cappuccino, Latte, and Cold Froth
- Choose Any Type of Fresh Milk or Non-Dairy Option
- Dishwasher-Safe Parts for Easy Cleanup
- Removable Water Reservoir
- 3 LavAzza® Espresso Classico
- 3 LavAzza® Espresso Decaf
- 3 LavAzza® Espresso Delicato
- 3 LavAzza® Espresso Intenso
*Selections may vary based on supply
FAQ & User Guide
- What makes the Keurig® Rivo® System different from the competition? The Rivo® System is unique, because it allows one to craft an espresso or espresso beverage exactly to one's tastes, while adhering to these 3 principles:
•Authenticity – The Rivo® System bases all its beverages on the finely ground coffee blend perfected by Italy's coffee roaster, Lavazza. Each blend has been carefully pre-selected and tested to match the American taste profile. The chosen 4 blends offer the consumer an assortment - wide enough to showcase a range of tastes without becoming overwhelming by offering too much choice.
• Freshness – Espresso beverages taste best when using fresh milk. The Rivo® System froths one's milk differently depending on one’s desired beverage.
• Simplicity – Too many espresso makers never see the light of day, because they are too complicated. The Rivo® System marries Keurig simplicity with Italian taste to bring espresso and espresso beverages to the American consumer – all at the touch of a button.
- What type of milk can I use for frothing? The Rivo® System allows customization of your cappuccino or latte by selecting any form of fresh milk– skim, whole, soy, rice, almond, etc. However, different brands will produce different results. For best results, be sure that the milk is cold, as cold milk is the most receptive to frothing. The frothing process of the Rivo® System assumes the milk is always cold and then froths for a specific time based on the beverage button selected. If milk is not cold, then the milk may be overheated or scalded during the frothing process.
- How hot is the water in the brewer? An espresso will be approximately 167 -176 degrees Fahrenheit (75-80 degrees Celsius) which is slightly lower than an average coffee at 194-203 degrees Fahrenheit (90-95 degrees Celsius). Heated milk will range between 149 -158 degrees Fahrenheit (65-70 degrees Celsius), depending on how much milk was placed in the Frothing Pitcher.
- How many BARS of pressure are used when creating an espresso? Bars are used to measure pressure in high pressure devices. The Rivo® System uses up to 15 bars during the brew cycle, following the Italian standard for brewing espresso.